Interested? Sign Up Here!
Enhanced Facilitation Skills (EFS)
Next Run : 15, 16 Aug 2022
Facilitation is both an ART and SCIENCE. An artist learns the SCIENCE of ART by learning the science first such as the different types of brushes, paint, canvases, color matching, etc. The ART portion is then developed through repetition, practice and guidance. This workshop will provide you with the SCIENCE portion of facilitation and you will learn:
- 3 distinctions that make debriefing works
- 5 framing techniques
- 5 key debriefing techniques that have lots of varieties
- Principles of Experiential Education
Who should attend:
- To get more consistent results in facilitation.
- To understand why certain things work.
- To have a structured way of understanding facilitation.
- To improve your facilitation skills.
- To build up your debriefing competencies.
- To get a grip on facilitation.
This is the foundational level of our range of workshops on facilitation. It builds the necessary foundation for our next level of workshops that explore the deepening of learning experiences. Finally, our Advanced workshops will focus on effective programme design and layering. We also have workshops that allow facilitators to collect activities to add on their bag of tricks.
Debriefing is one of the hardest skills for a facilitator as they help to “make easy” the learning process for learners. This workshop will specifically help you to make debriefing or reflection successful.
Interested? Sign Up here!
Intentional Programme Design (IPD)
Next Run : 20, 21 Sep 2022
This workshop is designed to help Adventure Education (AE) practitioners design Adventure programmes in an intentional manner. In our experience, too frequently AE practitioners experience “hit and miss” in programming where it works for some, but misses for others. Whilst this workshop is not a “miracle silver bullet”, it will help increase the likelihood of your programme impacting more people.
Take aways from this workshop include
- Understanding Educative and Un-educative Learning Experience.
- Beyond basics in Tuckman’s Group Development
- Adventure Programme Sequencing based on research models – Multi-Level Programming
- Intentional activity design
- Integrating Adventure Wave into Programme Design
- Insights into Implementation of Challenge by Choice.
Join us if you want to design intentionally with deeper considerations. This workshop is also part of the Advanced Challenge Course Practitioner (ACCP) course and leads to a ACCT Level 2 (Full Track) certification.
- Design better adventure programmes
- Draw more participants into your activity
- Gain more specific insight into adventure programming
Interested? Sign Up Here!
Coming Up Soon!
We have been busy updating some of our workshops and courses so that we can offer them to you! Here’s a sneak preview…
Implementation of Challenge by Choice
Challenge by Choice is a key concept often used by experiential learning educators in your activities. Let us help unpack this concept further and delve deeper into the intricacies needed to bring about true Challenge by Choice in your activities.
Experiential Learning Activity Design
Let us help enhance your activity design. Experiential Learning is in itself active in nature. But every learner responds differently to the activity. How can we increase the success of the activity we design? How can we constantly achieve success?
Risk management is a big part of the activities we do. Our learners can be exposed to some risk in order to enhance the learning objectives at times. But how much risk is too much risk? Let us help develop a comprehensive risk management plan that will enhance your activities.
Coming Soon! Sign Up Starts in Oct 2022!
Interested in any of our workshops above for your organisation? Contact us for Corporate Booking Rates, at email@example.com with the following information :
- Organisation Name
- Proposed workshop dates
- Number of runs
- Expected number of participants per run